Update on Gabon PROGEC Programme: make sure you are ready for the 1st of January 2021
Following the announcement of AGANOR on the 14th of September 2020, Cotecna provides guidance throughout the transition phase to make sure exporters to Gabon are ready on time for the 1st of January 2021.
In an official letter dated from 14th September 2020, AGANOR announced the postponement to 1st January 2021 of additional products into PROGEC Programme.
As a reminder the current regulated product list is the following:
- Automotive Parts
- Building / Construction Materials
- Chemical Products
- Cosmetics / Personal Care
- Electrical and Electronic
- Health and Medical / Surgical Instruments & Appliances
- Industrial Machinery
- Mechanical material and gas appliances
- Protective Safety Equipment
- Used Products
As of 1st January 2021, following the Decree 1080-20, the regulated product list will also include:
- Mineral Products
- Musical instruments
- Pharmaceutical Products
- Textile and textile articles
- All other not mentioned in above lists (except for foodstuff)
AGANOR also confirmed that the minimum FOB value of a shipment needing to be certified remains at 3000 euros and will change to 1000 euros as of 1st January 2021.
In the meantime, to guide you through this transition phase, to find out more and to stay up to date with the latest requirements, please contact us.